Wednesday 1 September 2010

Settling In

So...after a day devoted to R & R, I decided to spend my last day before being shown round the school (this day, in fact) doing something constructive to settle in. Namely, sort out my room, grab some supplies and other stuff I needed.

Thanks largely to Ken and Jimmy's advice, I knew the best place to go was a place called Home+, which was a 5 minute and 2500 Won cab ride away. I made my way there (stopping for a light brunch first) and took a look around before picking up all the essentials I would need, such as washing powder, fabric softener, some food etc (as well as a replacement headphones/hands-free kit for my phone for about 8 quid, good business).

Took a cab back, and took some more pics


The main junction in downtown Cheonju, about 10 minutes walk from my apartment. The social and business hub of the local area.


View along the road leading to the main road going to that junction, right near my apartment.

Anyway, once that was all done I got my room in something approaching order (pics to come soon) and headed out here to type up all these entries.

Plans for this evening - probably meet up with Ken, Jimmy and Ted (and possibly Tim, who I played table tennis with yesterday), food, drink and sleep. Probably in that order. Then, tomorrow, I get to see where my job is going to be for the next several months!

Will probably get the chance to update again either before or at the weekend. Til then, all the best!

(In the meantime, please comment/ask questions! It makes me feel important. ;-)  )

4 comments:

  1. Glad youve made friends already mate, and ones that understand you as well! They sound like decent and very welcoming people as well. As you said, itll be a massive benefit to you settling in quickly :-), hope the tour of your new school goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, I miss you alot more now your miles away!! Have you met any of the Korean girls? :P That was after all one of the things you went for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Ross. I am sure having those guys around you will make everything so much easier for you.

    Looking forward to the next installment.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob - cheers mate - yeah, they've been nothing but welcoming. My schools been good too, more on that tomorrow.

    Truefluffy - assume that's you, Lynds? I've been good thanks, miss you too!

    Not met any Korean girls yet but there does seem to be a pretty large selection! ;-)

    Sent you a message on FB, check your inbox.


    Clare - thanks, and yup, they are already. Next update tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete