Sunday 5 September 2010

Birthday weekend

26 years old. Scary thought. Four years til 30. Even scarier.

But that's not what this entry is about.

I had a late night on Friday night, when I met up with some EPIK buddies for a drink on the "patio" (neat Cheongju university, lots of bars/restaurants nearby), so I spent quite some time on Saturday recuperating, and getting ready for the big one: combined birthday do for me and Shay (a girl in our building).

First off, we headed out into the main part of Cheonju for a Korean buffet:

 They had some good food there too (chicken feet aside): I settled for some sweet and sour pork, some meatballs and rice.



After that, it was back to my neighbourhood (which I now know is called Cheong-dae) for many, many drinks.



 We first hit a Western bar that I'd been to before (first night I was here), then we all headed for a club called Pearl Jam, and I basically had far far too much to drink, which explained the awful hangover this morning (or afternoon, as I ended up waking at 2pm).

Here's the group I was out with - brilliant bunch. Shay (the birthday girl) is the one in the middle with the grey dress.

Right - sorry for the brevity of this entry, but I've got to cut it short for now. Will edit later!

No comments:

Post a Comment